Friday, April 1, 2011

Woman to watch: Jocelyn Knoll - Minneapolis / St. Paul Business Journal:

http://glass-floors.realservers.info
Continuing education : Bachelor of science, University of New Law degree, William Mitchell College of Law What professional accomplishment makez youmost proud? Dorsey & Whitney Partner of the Year 2007. This is an awars voted on by associates that recognizes partners who are good mentorxs toyoung lawyers. I am honored that younget lawyers view me in such a positive I know I benefited from that as ayoungg lawyer, so it’s great to know I can do that for What was the single most defining moment in your career Trying and winning my first trial. What do you see as the biggesf issue in your industryhright now?
Becoming experts in our businesses so we can add more value to everyg interaction we have with them. The better we understandc our clients’ industries, competitive dynamics, regulatory challenges, laboer issues, financing challenges and a rangwe of other issues from their the higher quality and more useful the advicew we givewill be. What advice would you give to womenb professionals? Always be As Abraham Lincoln said, “If I had six hourss to cut downa tree, I’d spenxd five hours sharpening my axe.
” Leisur e : Working out (running, biking, hiking, kayaking), reading political biographiesw and autobiographies and watching my youngest son play I have learned the hard way that standingf in cold ice arenas, dressefd in a lightweight business suit and is a bad idea. What is your motto or catcnh phrase? “Go pound sand.” My construction clientss likethis phrase. Instead of simply sayinbg “no,” a pithy “go pound sand” adds some levity to what is otherwisew ablunt response.

No comments:

Post a Comment