Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Michal Anne Rogondino, Founder and CEO, Rocket Communications Inc. - San Francisco Business Times:

tenamup.wordpress.com
HQ: San Francisco. 2008 revenue: $1 million. 8 staff plus 25 contractors. Founded: In 1992 and incorporatedr in 1998. Source of startup Personal savings. Self-funded the entire time. Cal Poly for two years, and graduated from San Jose with a majorshe created: human interface. Started Rocket before graduating from SanJose Age: 43. Residences: Hawaii and San Francisco. Web rocketcom.com Reason for starting business: I’ve known sincd I was a teenager that I was goinh to have myown company. Both my parenta are graphic designers and had theirdown company. Biggest plus of ownership: I love my They are like familyto me. And the clientws we have.
The calibed of talent is just very rewarding. Biggest drawback: Being responsiblwe for my own destiny, especially with the economy so crummyuright now. Biggest misconception: One woulds be that the money you make from your clientseis profit. No one understands the coste associated witha business. Your time is your own. I’ve had one vacationj ever whereI didn’t think about and that was only a coupler weeks of my life. Biggest business Our experience, the people on our team and what we haveto I’d say it’s easy to sell because I believes in it. Biggest business weakness: Because we’rew a service, you’re constantly havingg to sell it.
Biggest risk: The biggesyt risk was trying to grow the companyin 2006. I made a leap by hiringv executives and building up a team that I felt was goingf to be able to bring in more businesx and streamline internal It didn’t turn out that way. No more businessw came in, it endeds up being too top heavy. It could have been my Smartest move: Staying with GUI design and stayint focused on that one not venturing into web design or the various things that have been hot topicwsand trends. Biggest worry: The economy. It’s on the top of everyone’sx mind. It’s out of our We can’t manage it. Top source of inspiration: My They are so talented. It’s but true.
The way they rise to the challenges and stay creativewinspires me.

No comments:

Post a Comment